Monday, September 8, 2008

Introduction - Welcome to my Blog

Hello and welcome to my blog.

A quick background about me:

I'm 24 and have a degree in economics.

My main interest from a very young age was to learn about money. What is money? Where does it come from? Why do some people acquire it so easily while others can never find enough of it? The phycology of money continues to fascinate me. Entrepreneurialism should be celebrated.

Furthermore, my main avenue of learning about money has taken me to the sharemarket. I have spent a considerable amount of time since mid high-school studying the Australian sharemarket, and what factors influence individual shareprices.

In summary, my blog will focus primarily on Australian and international economics, particularly monetary policy. Studying the world's current and past monetary systems can give us a insight into what will likely happen in the next 5, 10 or 20 years.

Over the next few weeks I will discus Money Supply issues namely:

Risk:
1. $US Dollar collapse
2. Inflation - smoke and mirrors?
3. Debt

Opportunity:
4. Gold and Silver

Other areas I will try to cover off in the next few months include:

5. Superannuation - why it won't work in the long term
6. Peak Oil theory

In between I will post up candlestick charts of commodities, sharemarket indexs and particular stocks of interest.

Also, I am not a licence professional, so all material posted on my blog is merely my personal opinion. I will try to reference my sources when necessary.

Lastly, if there is one message I would like to convey on my blog it is this:

If you want to be successful in anything, you must turn your desires into reality. If you really want something, you will take the necessary steps to make it a reality. The future is what you want it to be.

Today, more than ever, it is important to take individual responsibility for your financial future. I am strongly of the opinion that the world is heading into a period of economic gloom, much worse then a recession. Those who study money and monetary history will be best able to see the risks and opportunities ahead of us.

We must do our own studies, do our own due diligence, and not accept what the Government or the media tells us at face value. We must always question what we are being told and not just accept everything we see on TV or in the newspapers. Any politician can pick the stats and numbers they want to massage an argument they want to convey. We must cut through the crap and instead utilise objective, empirical evidence.

I encourage everyone to take action today and Invest time into financial education.

Cheers,
Scott

No comments: